Malpractice claims increasingly arise due to issues & complaints beyond traditional clinical treatment.
Mediprotect’s Day Hospital Medical Malpractice Policy offers essential protection for medical establishments at risk of breaching their professional duty of care. The policy provides protection against financial loss from potential significant legal costs and settlements.
Underwritten by CGU, Mediprotect’s Day Hospital Medical Malpractice policy has been specifically designed to offer medical indemnity and additional protection and exclusive benefits for ADHA members. It is competitively positioned and builds on more than a decade of malpractice insurance experience.
- Civil Liability Insuring clause
- Fund Raising and Social Activities
- Medicare Benefit Fraud ($1,000,000 Sublimit)
- Unintentional Defamation
- Privacy Complaints & Claims
- Free Legal Advice
- Court Attendance Costs
- Statutory Liability ($250,000 sublimit)
- Joint Venture Liability
- Spousal Liability
- Vicarious Liability for Medical Practitioners
- Fidelity ($100,000 sublimit)
- Official Investigations & Enquiries Costs & Expenses
- Good Samaritans Acts
- Public Relations Cover
- Loss of Documents
- Aggregate Limit of Indemnity
- Claim Investigation Costs
EXAMPLE OF DAY SURGERIES WE CAN COVER…
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- General Surgery
- Haematology / Oncology
- Elective Plastic / Cosmetic(less than 10%)
- Non elective Plastic / Cosmetic (Reconstructive)
- And Many More…
Need more information? Call us on 1800 177 163.
The information provided here is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for specific information regarding the insurance cover.